I was going to post a blog on the seven things wrong with WordPress 3.2.1, but all of these problems can be fixed with a reinstall. So, if you’re experiencing any of the below problems, go to updates in your sidebar (3rd category down), and reinstall WordPress. Here are the problems you might be experiencing.
1. If all that happens is the page reloads when you try to add tags.
2. If the page just reloads when you click the “choose from the most used tags” at the bottom of the Post Tags section.
3. If the “Most Used” tab in the Categories section does not work.
4. If you try to add links within the blog post, and it bounces you back a page and won’t insert the link.
5. If the check box to open a link in a new window does not work.
6. If you can’t change the URL.
7. If the Widgets page doesn’t work.
You’ve probably also noticed you can sign in with one of many social networks on this version. Chance are you got this message “Failed – Invalid API Key” when you tried to sign in with a social network. This feature requires that you sign up for a Gigya account. The last thing I need is another 3rd party account being able to see and control my content when I don’t need it, so I can’t say if this is technically a problem or not.
BTW, if you’re a regular reader, I’m only blogging once a week for a while.
Stay social, my friends!